Monday, August 24, 2009

small stump + studio choo

I confess it was again the pictures that drew me into the site of studio choo. I am such a sucker for great photography and this site has so much of it. After scrolling through gorgeous shot after shot, I paused to read what they were all about- I immediately became an even bigger fan.

Studio Choo is the floral department of Small Stump. The designs
are the work of two best friends, Alethea Harampolis and Jill Pilotte, who
share a love for flowers that are just a little bit wild. They have a deep
appreciation for the handmade, and a desire to keep every day simple and
sweet.
Studio Choo uses flowers that are locally grown (whenever
possible) and always fresh and seasonal. The containers include “one of a
kind” vintage pots, hand-crafted vases from independent artists, and vessels
reclaimed sustainably from nature.

Imagine working with your best friend, doing something you love, and having an outlet for your creativity that results in something simply beautiful for others to enjoy. Sounds perfect. I wish I wasn't clear across the country because I'd love to have a studio choo creation to call my own- lucky San Francisco folk! For now, I'll have to settle for the pictures....


All images courtesy of studio choo

1 comment:

  1. I am smitten by their business cards....what a pretty handmade greeting card that would make!

    Sigh....seeing their beautiful work makes me sad I work in a dreary grey cube with nothing but a Jack Russell calendar to keep me alive....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails